Interactive Resources was retained by TIAA-CREF Asset Management to formulate a general assessment of the building and building systems for the Arpeggio at Berkeley, a 143-unit mixed use project. The nine-story design fronts on Center Street and includes three levels of underground parking. The ground floor houses unimproved retail spaces and other developed spaces which are leased to the Berkeley Repertory Theatre Company. Our senior architects and structural engineers conducted site visits and reviewed as-built drawings and record information to produce a report focused on the following issues:
- Building Envelope; roof, exterior walls, glazing system(s);
- Major features for ADA compliance; path of travel, elevator, access requirements within residential units;
- Evaluation of below-grade parking garage; waterproofing and drainage;
- Overall structural system; and
- Essential aspects of building system design and installation(s); mechanical, electrical, elevator, and plumbing.