Architectural Design / Structural Engineering / Civil Engineering / Landscape / ADA Accessibility / Remodel / Roof / HVAC / Envelope
Interactive Resources was retained to provide design services for significant capital improvements at the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council (NCCRC) headquarters, located at 265 Hegenberger Road in Oakland, California. The NCCRC is a union representing 38,000 Northern California carpenters, pile drivers, millwrights, cabinet makers, drywallers and workers in associated trades. Initially, Interactive Resources provided a limited scope study of the building envelope, and building mechanical and electrical systems for the 16-year-old facility, which evolved into the design of many interior, exterior and site improvements. Construction documents were prepared, and construction administration services were provided for comprehensive building systems upgrades and site improvements.
Northern California Carpenters Regional Council building upgrades included:
• Evaluating and designing replacement of exterior glazing system.
• Evaluation, testing, and design for crack repair at concrete exterior walls to address water-intrusion issues.
• Replacing the entire interior and exterior lighting system with LED lights, including new wiring, and electrical panels.
• Complete replacement of roof system with new single-ply membrane roof and insulation.
• Replacement of entire building HVAC system, including AHUs and boilers, and replacement of pneumatically-controlled VAVs with electronically controlled VAVs.
• Replacement and programming of entire building controls and energy management system.
• Increasing insulation at the roof-ceiling system.
• Replacing the parking lot and exterior lighting system.
• Replacement of main gas line.
• ADA improvement and perimeter security upgrades, fencing and vehicular access gates.
• Electric vehicle charging station.
• Lobby security improvements.
• Restroom renovations and design for new nursing mothers’ lactation room.
• Selected office tenant improvements.
• Fire alarm upgrade and waterless fire protection system at main server room.
• New UPS.
This work was all performed while the building was fully occupied.