Interactive Resources seeks a Project Assistant to join our team. Since 1973, our firm has provided exceptional architectural design, structural engineering and planning services, with a focus on green building principles and strategies. “Interactive Resources” refers to the collaborative and effective business environment our firm cultivates to support a highly productive and creative team.
The Project Assistant is responsible for assisting with administrative matters including support of project-related materials and communications. Full-time benefits include, health, dental, life, and 401k. This is an in-person position in our Point Richmond office. We are strategically located to serve the major business hubs of Northern California, while conveniently situated for easy daily commutes to Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Marin and surrounding communities. Known as the “Hidden City,” Point Richmond is a historic neighborhood with many shops and restaurants, the Plunge Natatorium, Miller Knox Regional Park, Keller Beach, and is a sailing and recreational destination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with organizing files, drawings, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Assist with project proposals and reports, including formatting content, compiling components, fee proposal review, and printing final digital and hard copies
- Prepare basic level of documents, spreadsheets, letters, transmittals etc. in accordance with company and/or client standards
- Assist with processing and formatting full length specifications in CSI format
- Assist Project Managers with construction administration
- Assist Project Managers with project accounting
- Prepare AIA subconsultant agreements and amendments
- Coordinate certificates of insurance with insurance broker for new projects
- Assist with Division of the State Architect submissions
- Assist with project security clearance requirements
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and appointments when applicable
- Provide front office/reception back-up support when needed
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School diploma required. Associate degree preferred
- 2+ years of progressive experience in a similar role, preferably within the Architecture and Engineering industry. Prior project/administrative assistant experience or similar experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft tools such as Outlook, Excel and Word, particularly for formatting of reports and manuals in Word. Experience with Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Deltek Ajera project and accounting management platform is a plus
- Knowledge of Deltek MasterSpec is a plus
- Ability to uphold the highest standards of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work independently and as a valuable member of a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Interactive Resources’ office is a 100% COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.
Please include the following in your application, and send via email to careers at intres.com. No phone calls or visits, please: