Interactive Resources, Inc. seeks a Structural Engineer with a minimum of five years of relevant experience, including experience with lateral/seismic design. This position will contribute to the engineering of building design and construction administration, and will assist in the analysis, documentation and design of buildings creating structural calculations, plans and specifications. A wide degree of creativity, initiative and latitude is expected.
B.S. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is required; M.S. desirable. PE license in the state of California required; SE license desirable. Applicants should have an excellent working knowledge of building codes (CBC, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI) and construction practices, as well as demonstrable technical expertise in building design (steel, concrete, masonry). Applicants should have good skills with structural design software, including Revit Structural, RISA3D, and Enercalc. Experience with RISAFloorES, and RISAFoundation is a plus. Out of State applications who can obtain a California PE license through reciprocity are welcome to apply.
Applicants must have good written and oral communication skills and understand how to develop and maintain good working relationships with clients. An ability to cultivate new connections and network within the trade to bring new clients is expected. Candidates must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, manage projects effectively, and also work closely with design team to produce high quality structural drawings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, design, and documentation of structural systems including: structural layouts, element and component design and specifications
- Develop solutions to challenging building structural issues integrated with architecture, other engineering disciplines for the use of construction and manufacturing teams
- Contribute to ensure designs are compliant with the company’s principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, and systems integration
- Perform site inspections
- Assist in the preparation of reports, technical memorandums, recommendations, and cost estimates
- 5-7 years of experience as a structural engineer working towards or recently achieving a SE license
- Knowledge of type 1 to 5 construction systems
- Knowledge of building code concepts and specifications
- Willingness to learn
- Resourceful and team-oriented problem solving skills
- Forward thinking with strong interpersonal skills
- Display a passion for innovation
- A willingness to travel (locally and or out of state, as needed) for meetings, to perform field work, and support clients. International candidates must provide proof of ability to work in the U.S.
Include in Application
- Introduction Letter
- Three references including email and phone number
- All documents shall be e-mailed in PDF format only 2MB maximum.
- Email to careers at intres.com
Excellent benefits include 401k, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, and paid time off. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Interactive Resources
Interactive Resources is a multi-disciplined firm offering architectural design, structural engineering and planning services. Founded in 1973, our well-published and-award winning firm also provides many specialized services for a wide range of projects, including educational facilities, corporate offices, industrial, commercial, retail, municipal, cannabis facilities, and historic buildings. Interactive Resources’ dual emphasis on design and problem resolution reinforces our commitment to comprehensive service and underlines our rigorous standards for quality. “Interactive resources” refers to the highly collaborative and effective work environment our firm cultivates for its architects and engineers to foster a highly productive and creative team. Our special mix of focused but flexible production is a winning feature for our clients and team members.
Our main office is located in the historic East Bay neighborhood of Point Richmond. We are strategically located to serve the major business hubs of Northern California, while conveniently situated for easy daily commutes to Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Marin and surrounding communities. Known as the “Hidden City,” Point Richmond is an active neighborhood with many restaurants, the Plunge Natatorium, Miller Knox Regional Park, Keller Beach, and is a sailing and recreational destination. The City of Richmond is embarking on a period of exciting growth which has attracted development and significant solar tech firms, as well as a cultural renaissance; Richmond is home to the Craneway Pavilion & Events Center and the Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park & Visitors Center.