Forensic Architecture & Engineering
Interactive Resources has specialized expertise in the investigation and repair of construction defects, water intrusion, and building failures, and the deterioration of building components (decks, roofs, windows and doors), building safety code compliance, building maintenance, and seismic risk analysis.
Through our investigations we trace the history of the problems, determine the cause, recommend solutions, and provide technical documents, reports, as well as schematic design, construction documents and cost estimates for the repairs.
Although not all construction defects or negligence claims result in litigation, many do. Our staff is trained and experienced at providing technical support to legal counsel to assist in productive settlement negotiations, or to prevail at a court trial or arbitration. Forensic services include:
- Façade investigation, inspections, repair, and peer review
- Building envelope assessments, recladding and repairs
- Water entry inspections, condensation studies and capacitance moisture surveys
- Structural component assessments
- Construction observation
- Intrusive/non-intrusive and wind uplift testing
- Roofing/waterproofing investigations, design reviews and repair design
- Roof core analysis and testing, and roof management programs
- Peer review, construction review and expert witness services