We are wrapping up a major capital improvements program for the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council (NCCRC) headquarters in Oakland, California. It’s great to see to see the finishing touches come together!
The NCCRC’s union members represent more than 38,000 carpenters, pile drivers, millwrights, cabinet makers, drywallers and workers in associated trades. Our work began with a study of the building envelope and mechanical and electrical systems for the 16-year-old facility, and evolved into the design of significant interior, exterior and site improvements, for which we prepared construction documents and provided construction administration services.
We performed the work in phases to facilitate the continuous full occupation of the facility during improvements, including during COVID stay-at-home orders, due to the essential classification of the NCCRC and its union members.
Northern California Carpenters Regional Council building upgrades included:
- Evaluation and design of exterior glazing system.
- Evaluation, testing, and design for crack repair at concrete exterior walls to address water-intrusion issues.
- Replacement of the entire interior and exterior lighting system with LED lights, including new wiring, and electrical panels.
- Complete replacement of roof system with new single-ply membrane roof and insulation.
- Replacement of entire building HVAC system, including AHUs and boilers, and replacement of pneumatically-controlled VAVs with electronically controlled VAVs.
- Replacement and programming of entire building controls and energy management system.
- Increased insulation at the roof-ceiling system.
- Replacement of the parking lot and exterior lighting system.
- Replacement of main gas line.
- ADA improvement and perimeter security upgrades, fencing and vehicular access gates.
- Electric vehicle charging station.
- Lobby security improvements.
- Restroom renovations and design for new nursing mothers’ lactation room.
- Selected office tenant improvements.
- Fire alarm upgrade and waterless fire protection system at main server room.
- New UPS.
- All work was performed while the building was fully occupied.